Thursday, June 11, 2020

Adjusting to minimal/no income

No comments :

I found out last week that my job will be made redundant at the end of the month. Due to the current corona-pocalypse I'm guessing that it could take me a few months to find a new role. I have a decent emergency fund and will get a small redundancy payout. All up I'll have close to 5 months wages saved. I'll also likely qualify for a little bit of government assistance, but I'll have a waiting period of at least 7 weeks before I can claim it.

How do I adjust from having a full-time income to no/minimal income? I don't want to burn through my savings living like I'm still employed full-time but I'm not sure how to adjust or what to cut. I lived on fuck all money as a uni student, but I don't know how to go back to that.

Anyone in the same boat? How did you adjust?



Submitted June 11, 2020 at 10:24PM by PLS_PM_CAT_PICS https://ift.tt/3dQ7oJ0

No comments :

Post a Comment