Monday, May 13, 2019

Making money online as a freelance English teacher

No comments :

I've been pursuing this path for quite some time (2 years) and I have recently spent some time reflecting on the experience.

https://youtu.be/Ctm5cq8GfAU

This is a video of me teaching a full one-on-one lesson online. Although you only see me teaching, there is a lot going on behind the scenes. As a freelancer, you have to procure all the resources that a company provides you. I used to teach online for a big company but I've transitioned to a freelance style. The startup cost to freelance teaching online is high, so you need to have time to accommodate for this. If you don't have the time to risk, you should simply teach English online through a company. The biggest pain point that I've identified and I want to help alleviate for other teachers who want to pursue the freelance route is the startup cost. The startup cost is essentially comprised of these two components:

  • Client acquisition
  • Access to material designed for teaching online

To reduce the startup cost, I've been building a repository of material designed for this style of teaching. The idea is to provide this resource to other aspiring freelance teachers. Creating these lessons take a long time and I can't do it by myself so I hired some freelancers on Upwork. The expenses from this have been adding up and I can't sustain paying them anymore.

So, I need the help of all you beautiful internet peoples. There's three ways you can help:

Do you teach online? Want access to my material? DM me :)

I hope this post was able to give you some insight as to how this freelance English teacher works. Any questions?



Submitted May 13, 2019 at 07:55AM by crapinator114 http://bit.ly/2JkcnWD

No comments :

Post a Comment