Monday, March 4, 2019

PSA: It's only on sale, if you get the sale price.

No comments :

I just got back from Tom Thumb (Safeway/Randall's). I never shop there. Of the 12 chains in Dallas they are the 3rd most expensive.

But they had asparagus for $.88 a pound and blackberries for $.98 and while I was there I happened upon All for $1.69 if you bought 4. I happened to have 3, $1.00 off coupons in my wallet. I left the checkout and checked my receipt as always especially since I thought the total was too high. Yup, they charged me $2.99 for the asparagus and gave me $4.02 off of the $11.96 they charged me for the blackberries which works out to $1.98 not $.98. The courtesy clerk gave me $ 10.73 back without a hitch, in cash. But whenever this happens I wonder how many people buy something and assume they are getting the sale price w/o checking.

Always, always, always check your receipt before you leave a store.



Submitted March 04, 2019 at 01:59PM by txholdup https://ift.tt/2TzVwEk

No comments :

Post a Comment