Monday, March 4, 2019

Best option for bulk photo scanning?

No comments :

My Mom passed away a few years ago and I've received 3-4 tubs filled with old photo albums. I really don't want these just gathering dust for the rest of my life and want to digitize them. It would also give me the chance to share these with the extended family.

Options I've thought of:

  1. I've seen a few services where you can mail pictures and they'll scan and send back everything on a flash drive. However, all of them seem INSANELY expensive.
  2. Buy a nice high speed photo scanner. Also, really expensive and probably something I would never use again.
    1. Maybe I could buy on ebay and then resell when I'm done?
  3. Hit up walmart and use their flatbed scanner (I think you can do something like 4-5 pictures at a time). This would probably be the cheapest but would likely take hours and hours and hours and hours. Also not sure how the quality would come out. It doesn't need to be perfect but I want at least decent quality scans.

Just wanted to see if anyone here had any grand ideas.



Submitted March 04, 2019 at 02:07PM by Tandybaum https://ift.tt/2tNQDc3

No comments :

Post a Comment