Sunday, March 3, 2019

Kitchen Renovation....on a extremely frugal budget?

No comments :

Ideas? My house is a fixer upper, and there's several things that need fixed before I can put any funds to speak of into my kitchen. BUT....said kitchen is driving me NUTS to the point I dread spending time in it. No countertops to speak of, no decent storage, everything looks dark and old and worn out because, well - it is, and the layout STINKS {galley with an oversize fridge}. It needs a full gutting and new everything, and the cabinets aren't really salvagable because of issues {water damage to bottom ones, missing drawer, and they are covered with some type of residue that 6 years of scrubbing, even with straight ammonia, hasn't been able to fully remove}

Lets say I could squeeze $25 a month towards rehabbing it....what would you do? And Why? I do have a habitat restore here, as well as lowes & home depot.

ETA: Here's a pic from before I bought the house. Since then the cabinets have seriously deteriorated. I've swapped the dishwasher out, but it needs replaced again. The countertop over the dishwasher is taken up with a microwave. And the fridge I have extends about 6" past the countertops on the right side. https://imgur.com/sBPfl1M



Submitted March 03, 2019 at 10:26PM by dakotamidnight https://ift.tt/2UjfRuB

No comments :

Post a Comment