Tuesday, March 5, 2019

First Car - 200k+ Reliability?

No comments :

Hi All,

I was just looking for some advice and was hoping someone more experienced with cars may be able to help out. I currently have a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I got it around 130K miles. I am now up to 185K miles. In that time period I have had no problems besides just recently the service code showing one of my catalytic converters is having issues. My Mitsu is also due for a timing belt change soon. I do a lot of driving with my day job, and need something on the reliable side of vehicles. My knowledge about cars, especially mitsubishis, is very limited. I am unsure of how reliable 2007 Mitsubishis are.

I am just wondering if my Mitsu is due for a converter, new timing belt, and anything else that may need fixing as I rear near 200K miles, would it be worth it to look at a used replacement if my pay range is $2000-3000? Or should I just take care of whatever needs to be fixed, keep up on maintenance and try to make it last? My fear is fixing the issues to suffer more. I am unsure of the reliability of this model of vehicle as it nears 200K.

Tl ; DR : Could be facing a thousand or two dollars worth of fixing a car I only payed $3K for nearing 200,000 miles. Not sure how reliable a 2007 Eclipse is. Is it worth fixing? Or is it time to find a lower mileage used car?

Thanks everyone.



Submitted March 05, 2019 at 08:09AM by Mvpalldayy https://ift.tt/2Th8tDu

No comments :

Post a Comment