Thursday, December 31, 2015

Thinking of making a new beermoney app

No comments :

First off, I've been reading these posts about the various sites (mostly swag bucks and perk), and have been experimenting with some of them. I've noticed that some things could be improved upon for both the user and the developer. I can do a bit of app programming myself so I'm considering making a new app with the same general concept - money from adds.

So I joined reddit to make this post and see if anyone has any suggestions/comments/thoughts/ideas on the idea of the app.

Edit : So here are some issues I need to address

1 .) I need to ensure that both the ad company and the user are both happy

 - I can't have the advertiser thinking they're throwing money away, but at the same time I don't want to make the user put too much maintenance into running the app 

2 .) Revenue percentages

 - I want to make a very profitable app with as much money as possible going to the user. What percentage do you think would be fair to take for app development? Keeping in mind I will have to spend significant time to get this running. 

3 .) Content & Bandwidth

 - This relates to issue #1. What would be good base content of the app (videos, games, music...etc) which wouldn't require contracts (music and videos). Honestly I'm leaning towards a simple game, but I'd be happy to consider suggestions. - Now bandwidth. I understand not wanted your farm to upset your ISP, or your other local internet users (slowing it down). Mikazah recommended a "Low Bandwidth" option which I think is a good idea. Maybe low video quality ads? Once again suggestions are welcome on that one. 

4 .) Payments

 - I'm thinking of using paypal. Its fast, easy, and I believe more desirable than gift cards. But again, if anyone wants a different form, I'd be happy to look into it. -More importantly, I need to first verify I've collected the ad revenue before I distribute payments. If I don't, I could end up losing a lot of money. That being said I want to make payments as fast as possible. Maybe after the app generates enough money, I could have a "ready to go" fund to pay smaller amounts immediately. This account could then collect ad revenue when it comes in. I'd need to ensure sustainability though. 

5.) Taxes

 - I admit I haven't looked into this much yet, so if someone knowledgable on the tax code for this kind of thing could advise me, I would appreciate it. -Once again not sure about the legality of this, but I'd rather not report the earnings of the users to the IRS through my app. I don't want to have to collect their ID to this extent (SSN and such). Could I just put a note somewhere that reminds them to report the income on their own? Would that be sufficiently legal? 

5 .) General Tips & Improvements

 -Mikazah had some great ideas, and I just want to make this section dedicated to coming up with any improvements people want. 


Submitted December 31, 2015 at 01:38PM by cnelan
via http://ift.tt/1NV3cpg

No comments :

Post a Comment