Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Investing in quality jewelry = being frugal?

No comments :

Hi all! Looking to hear people's thoughts :)

Growing up, I have been a Claire's/H&M/"insert your fast fashion store" jewelry kind of gal. Never saw the point of spending money on jewelry.

Now that I am getting "older" though (mid/late twenties), I notice that I am more and more leaning towards "higher end" timeless jewelry, simply because I think it looks better and lasts forever. not crazy stuff! Just going for actual gold hoops nows rather than my 4th pair spray painted ones from Claires etc. I also thrift jewelry from time to time, but I am actively seeking out pieces that I am 100% in love with. On the other hand, spending say 100$ on a pair of earrings does also ache a fair bit in the moment.

What is everybody's stance on this? Do you feel that jewelry is not worth the investment -- maybe because your style changes a lot, maybe because you lose the jewelry over time etc --, or do you think spending more money on quality pieces is a reasonable investment to make? Also, are you the one spending money on jewelry (this has been me so far), or do you have others gift it to you for special occasions? Just curious :)



Submitted September 14, 2021 at 11:12AM by Imperial_leotard https://ift.tt/2XhntUG

No comments :

Post a Comment