Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Eggs

No comments :

Eggs are my go to breakfast. I eat them about 3 times a week, at least. They can be insanely cheap, at least buying the lowest cost option, which was what I did my whole life until my fiance and i moved in together. He likes to buy organic, free range eggs. After a few years of eating this way, I'm trying to reduce my grocery budget. I'm okay with subbing most of my groceries for cheaper alternatives. But the eggs... There's the cruelty aspect. Poor chickens. But along with that, the thought of eating the cheap eggs just grosses me out. It's got to be all in my head right? Cheap white eggs in styrofoam don't taste any worse than organic brown eggs in plastic??? It's maybe $2 a week more for the good eggs. But where does it end? If I got the healthier, more environmentally friendly, less cruel option on every item, my grocery bill would be at least 5x higher. I just don't think i can go back to eating cheap eggs and idk why exactly. I eat cheap chicken... why do the eggs bother me so much???



Submitted September 14, 2021 at 09:29AM by Low-Preparation-2106 https://ift.tt/3hwOdrE

No comments :

Post a Comment