Sunday, April 4, 2021

Frugal travelling

No comments :

Hey guys,

In my early 20's I traveled a lot around US, Canada and a little Europe. I traveled by car, by public transport, by planes and hitchhiking (where it's safe). I didn't have much of money but wanted to see the most, eat healthy, stay well, be always relatively safe, and meet locals. I picked on a lot of habits that are quite unordinary for regular American/Canadian life but I think frugal people would enjoy.

I've always traveled with big metal camping cup, a metal spoon, knife, and thermos. I carried dry tea, or coffee, instant noodles, instant rice, oatmeal, and some bread and cheese. I purchased some other food on a way from grocery store for 1-2 days, depending if I traveled by foot or by car. I found most of the public eatery places you can come up and ask for a hot water in your cup or thermos , and they will happily share. You could make 1) new friends and 2) a warm on-a-go meal, tea or coffee. No matter where I was , I always had at least one warm meal a day.

In small local places with lots of nature, I just asked people if I may pitch my tent in their front or back yard. and a lot of them were okay. Other times I slept in my car safely, or local hostels and local aribnb places. I also stayed at the Woofing farm where I exchanged some work for free stay and little food. I just walked in and asked if I could stay there.

In places that are like national parks or super touristy area or the islands - I hitchhiked ( but remember be smart and always stay safe). I also used ride shares posted on websites for people who were going far away and sharing the gas cost. So if you have a little money enough to cover your basic meals and a little more to pay for some road and roof , have a tent and some basic clothes - you can travel anywhere and you don't need to make a bank.

Let me know what are your thoughts on that kind of travel experience

Do you have a frugal travel story to tell?

TL;DR i share frugal travel tips



Submitted April 05, 2021 at 01:26AM by Angieer5762923 https://ift.tt/3dD8ZmH

No comments :

Post a Comment