Sunday, March 28, 2021

[Florida] I'm trying to cut back my expenses. Any suggestions?

No comments :

I'm trying to cut back my expenses. Any suggestions?

Here are a list of my current monthly expenses:

Car Insurance: $110 (Full coverage. I've been with my auto insurance provider for a while and their rates are about $20 cheaper than the next cheapest provider. I do intend on migrating to a six month in full plan to save a few bucks when my current policy is up).

Health Insurance: $76.36 (via ACA)

Dental Insurance: $12.99

I just got Invisalign a little over a month ago and that bill is $4200 in total. My dental insurance doesn't cover it. The dental office recommended I use CareCredit and pay installments (which I'm doing). There is no interest involved as long as I follow the 24 month payment plan. I do intend on paying it off in a few months because I have the savings.

Gas: $120 (I work for Shipt as a personal shopper, so I'm driving back and forth between merchant locations and delivery addresses.

Food: $100 (I stopped eating out and I've figured out how to cut my grocery bill from around $250 to this by shopping around and buying things on sale and with coupons. I don't believe I can get this any lower without experiencing weight loss, LOL).

Laundry: $9 (I stopped using the facilities where I live. I found a laundromat less than ten minutes from where I live that has bigger machines. I do laundry twice a month. Usually it's all one load ie. whites, colored, dark and then I dry them all together. $4.50 each trip).

Electricity: $26 (Lucky for me, I have a dehumidifier so, despite living in Florida, I don't ever run the AC. Also, back in 2017, I replaced all of the original appliances that came with the property with Energy Saver appliances).

Internet: $100.98 (400Gb Internet via Comcast Xfinity. This includes $14 a month for a modem rental. I've considered getting my own modem and router but I haven't done so for two reasons. First, the internet constantly goes down in my community and Comcast told me that if I get my own equipment, they may charge me if they ever have to come out. That's like $120 per visit. Second, I'm trying to sell my place to relocate so I don't know if I'll need a modem/router when I move. Anyways, I do believe that I can get this down to $74 a month because I just saw a new promo on their website. I'll give it a try tomorrow.)

Phone: $86.03 (I've been with my current provider since 2006. The plan includes unlimited data, HBO Max, and the streaming TV service. I've looked at another provider who charges one dollar less including tax so I don't know if it's worth the move. I do use a lot of data because of the Shipt gig I'm doing.)

Amazon Prime: $13.08 (I do shop from Amazon for myself and my parents at least once a month so I'm guessing Prime is saving me on shipping charges).

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!



Submitted March 28, 2021 at 11:34PM by shipts https://ift.tt/3u1QpLt

No comments :

Post a Comment