Saturday, February 20, 2021

My own personal loot generator

No comments :

I manage a shipping retail store in a strip mall in a wealthy city in northern CA. We share two gated and locked dumpsters with a local goodwill style thrift shop. I use the dumpsters a lot because of the amount of cardboard and discarded paper mail the we get in everyday, but the bulk of the trash in those dumpsters are tossed by that thrift shop. People think they are helping the community when all day and all night they drop off truck loads of donated stuff at the back door of their shop, but the thrift shop is small and could never accommodate the massive volume of goods donated. The majority of this stuff ends up in those dumpsters after one very old man picks through it all trying to find anything of value which then ends up in the store to be sold. This guy has no fucking clue what he is doing, and he seems to only look out for antiques and clothes from way back in his day, never picking anything modern of value, and for this I am enormously grateful. Like I said, the dumpsters are always diligently locked and guarded in order to repel any passing opportunists looking to hopefully liberate any overlooked discarded treasures. Why this thrift store so truly despises the idea of their overflow donations actually being utilyzed by someone in need, I don't have any clue as it was all donated free to them in the first place and the landfill is where it goes next. I am the only other soul with a key to the number of huge padlocks, the only other person allowed total legitimate access to the treasure bins that without fail refill up to the brim every single day with new and exciting loot. The rich old people who populate this city will donate brand new items of all kinds that they bought but don't use, it's incredible. The thrift shop doesn't like that I take what I want but they can't do shit to stop me as I pay half the cost of the dumpsters trash collection fees, and I love to wave while smiling wide at them as they stare me down and scowl, I even have a dumpster diving wheelbarrow I bring with me out there every evening. The loot is amazing! I've found a full box set of first edition LOTR books with original covers and original fold out parchment maps released many decades ago, it looks to be worth alot of money. I found a complete 4 person 5 day emergency backpack filled with every survival item you could ever need along with all the vacuum sealed ration bars and water packs a family would need, these run for hundreds of dollars each and everything is individually wrapped in plastic. I found a brand new 300.00 brand name premium hiking backpack with an aluminum frame. They throw away so many purses that look brand new, I know nothing about them but I grab the nice ones and let my female employees take whatever they want, we have found purses that cost as much as a used car, I just don't understand it but my employees absolutely love it when I bring back a load of purses specifically. The thrift store refuses to sell computers specifically, but also a large amount of electronics, I build computers of all types for people as a side hustle and I pull nearly new laptops and desktop computers out of that dumpster nearly everyday, I save so much money on standardized pc components because of this. Cameras, phones, leather jackets, new cruiser bicycles and one unicycle, wooden furniture, mountains of books end up in there, a brand new ipad in wrapped box, I've found lots and lots of weed, I fount about 2000.00 dollars with a bag of cocaine in a bunched up plastic bag, power tools, kids toys, and even medical grade equipment like new walkers, crutches, braces and one prosthetic arm. I love those dumpsters, I REALLY love that the thrift store that so callously dumps the mountains upon mountains of caring people's good natured donations right in the garbage just absolutely hates that they can't stop me. I wish people would stop giving their donations to this place, I really do. Although I really do cherish everyday, my own personal thrift shop where for me and me alone, everything is free



Submitted February 20, 2021 at 08:07PM by CharleyDexterWard https://ift.tt/3qGQKlp

No comments :

Post a Comment