Sunday, September 16, 2018

How much do you think is appropriate to give as a wedding gift?

No comments :

I'm attending a wedding to a friend of mine in a few weeks. I'm not bringing a plus one and when I went on their wedding website, they do not have a registry listed.

Instead of giving them something they may not want or use, I'm thinking of giving cash. However I'm lost at how much I should give.

I don't want to seem cheap. But unfortunately I have a fairly tight budget. I don't make a whole lot of money, though due to my job there seems to be a few of my friends who feel I am rich. I currently live with my parents (I pay them rent) and am trying to pay down my debt and get ahead a little financially.

The wedding is small, but I'm not sure how many people are invited. But the venue is small, so I don't think a lot of people have been invited. I'm not in the wedding party either.

I was thinking of giving between $50 and $75. I would love to give more but I know I just can't afford it right now :(

I know typically the rule is to cover your meal. But I have no idea what type of meal they are going to be serving.

I'm curious to hear what everyone else has to say.



Submitted September 16, 2018 at 02:41PM by Wondercat87 https://ift.tt/2MF781j

No comments :

Post a Comment