Monday, October 9, 2023

How to make guests feel appreciated at a frugal wedding?

No comments :

So… I’ve done the big wedding before, and it was the worst money I ever spent. None of those things seem to really matter, the photo booth, the centerpieces, yada yada. (And my “big” wedding was only $12k in downtown San Francisco!)

This time, I’m not wasting that money or energy. The main goal is to make my promises to my partner, and give my guests a wonderful night.

Below is what we are already doing, what bright ideas do you have to make it more comfortable/enjoyable for my guests? Many will be traveling, so this should be more than a brunch wedding, but I still don’t really want to spend money. (I know I will have to, but humble is the name of the game)

  • The ceremony will be at a beach in a national park. The reception will be at a local community center. the center provides at least tables and chairs, I’m not sure yet about plates, silverware, dishes, etc..

-Food will be a buffet. Depending on cost, it will be made by the mothers or not.

  • bar will be limited to a signature (batched) cocktail and beer. No bartender.

  • Music will be from my iPad

  • Photography will be from a friend. Non-professional.

  • Invitations will be made by me and vista print

  • my dress cost $18 at a thrift store and he owns his suit

  • Officiant will be ordained with the church church of Rolling Stone.

I can’t remember what else. Some decorations would be nice. (Nothing that takes too much set up or break down ) THOUGHTFULL favors are a must, but I’m not spending $500 on candy bags.

What advice do you have to help make this beautiful for my friends and family, without “wasting” money?



Submitted October 09, 2023 at 09:06AM by abbydabbydo https://ift.tt/YqiD3bM

No comments :

Post a Comment