Thursday, April 20, 2023
Living on $2000/month, best ways to go about it?
Hi everyone,
I recently got a job, and I’m expecting my take home pay to be just under $4k a month. I would like to save at least $2k a month (as I am hoping to go back to school next year and I need some savings to live off) so I’d like some advice as to how to go about this. I’ve never lived away from home before so this will be my first time paying rent, but I have a paid off car and my parents cover my phone and hopefully my health insurance.
Is it possible to live on $2k (or less) per month? I’m thinking it should be, but I’m hoping to have some “fun” money even if it isn’t a ton. Are there any bills I should be prepared for? Any tips on how to live decently on the $2k in terms of how I should split rent, food, gas etc? Also, I am single and don’t have any dependents and will be moving to Iowa, which I think is a LCOL area?
Thank you in advance for any tips!
Submitted April 20, 2023 at 01:08AM by 23andconflicted https://ift.tt/vU1W3Jw



No comments :
Post a Comment