Monday, March 4, 2019

Finally ahead on my Student Loans

No comments :

So I am just really happy right now.

I made a Resolution to not buy food/drinks at work. I tallied all my expenses last year and my average weekly $$ spent at work was $48. I would also buy $200 a week in groceries but would waste so much food because I would be eating at work ($200 a week for 2 people)

Anywho...I've been able to cut my grocery bill to $120 a week and I meal prep so have had no reason to buy food/drinks at work...which means more $$ saved.

On January 1st, I was $987 behind on student loans (2 mo worth)..and I had another payment due on the 20th. So I been slowly paying off $100, $200, $50...every week...to where today I just finally got ahead. My next due date is March 20th.

*I set up a savings account to put $$ in directly for SL payments. Since Jan I go in and schedule weekly payments from my savings to pay SL..but by May 20th...I'll have 2 months worth of SL payments sitting in there...so God forbid something happens ...I know I'm good.

I don't think if I didn't make those changes with $$ for work and groceries I'd still be behind.



Submitted March 04, 2019 at 05:17PM by OhioBritty https://ift.tt/2UjWly7

No comments :

Post a Comment