Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Advice please: Rent a refrigerator or buy used?

No comments :

Hi! My first post here! To give some background, I live in Korea and I just got married but my husband isn't working at the moment so I'm the only income. I make roughly 3k (usd) a month and our rent is 300, however my work pays me 400. My monthly utilities are normally around 15 dollars a month and maybe 40 during the height of the summer when we run air conditioning a lot. So basically it leaves at least a 60 dollar buffer from my rental allowance.

We just moved into a rental house but it came with no appliances. I found a cheap stove top but the fridge is presenting a problem. I priced used fridges in the area and they're around 250 which isn't a problem, but they have terrible energy ratings. Energy in Korea is based on proportion so it's really cheap until you go over average wattage for your city, in which case it can go from tens of dollars to hundreds pretty quickly.

I did a little research and found the LG does rental leases on various appliances. I found a nice, new fridge that's appropriate for two people (not too big or too small) and after discounts it would work out to be about 10 dollars per month for 36 months. (After which we'd hopefully both be working)

A new fridge would be a minimum of 400 if we bought a small, cheap one from a no name brand. Average is more like 800-1000 because electronics are very expensive in Korea.

Considering we have other things to buy like furniture what would you reccomend?



Submitted March 06, 2019 at 12:29AM by cheytay https://ift.tt/2ThOvZg

No comments :

Post a Comment