Tuesday, March 5, 2019

95% off is too good to pass

No comments :

Backstory, as this is not a typical frugality story... I wanted a lawn mower. I wanted a specific electric lawn mower; really the whole set of yard tools that took the same battery. So as my gas tools started dying, i replaced them with the electric analogs.

I planned on replacing my gas mower regardless of its condition, and was saving up the $500 to buy this electric mower. I kept my eye out for used ones but the used ones were selling for either 90% retail or for parts only. Then i saw the listing at an auction house. No batteries, but I got a battery with my weedeater and another with my chainsaw...

$25 later, i was the only bidder on a mower i was planning to spend $500 on new. It has been used once or twice already, but it works just fine once you pop a battery in.



Submitted March 05, 2019 at 09:34PM by 96firephoenix https://ift.tt/2IUuFP6

No comments :

Post a Comment