Wednesday, September 15, 2021

I applied to SYKES, and it’s going.. really oddly?

No comments :

Been looking for and applying to some work from home jobs lately. My boyfriend and I both applied to Sykes, the call center, through their website at around 9PM a couple days ago. they haven’t answered him, but for some reason i got an automated email saying they’re interested in me and trying to set up an interview right away even though it was night time.

So i thought that was really weird because my boyfriend actually has about 3 years of customer service experience and I have 0. They also want to interview me for a job i didn’t apply for. The email says “Medical customer support” specifically, and i don’t know if it’s because my degree is in Bio or what. They also sent me a link to this zoom meeting where I can apparently “attend” any weekday?

Anyway, i know they’re a real company but the fast reaction time to my application and the other things i mentioned kind of have me like ???. Also i’ve been doing some research and i can only find bad things about them.

So i was wondering if this is normal because i’m new to working online so i don’t really know, and also if anyone has any experience with this company and can tell me if it’s worth it because i’ve read that the pay is pretty bad as well. Also if anyone has any recommendations for online work that would be less miserable than a call center i would love to hear it!



Submitted September 16, 2021 at 12:26AM by solarflarestares https://ift.tt/2XyvTaF

No comments :

Post a Comment