Monday, September 6, 2021

How lockdown and working from home made me a different person.

No comments :

I’d like to tell you how I got into a rabbit hole of gambling and how working from home changed me and got me basically self-isolated. I’d say it’s not strictly because of working from home as much as it is due to the lockdown but I thought it would be interesting to share this experience with people and see what other people’s experience is like.

During the pandemic working from home became the wisest and pretty much the only viable option for sustained income while the lack of real social interaction made it quite a bit frustrating to unwind somehow. At least for me it did. I am a social person, I like to spend time with people and engage in activities whether it’s sports, karaoke or a simple hike. I tried videogames but didn’t really get hooked all that much, I feel like modern videogames just lack the challenge and complexity. Movies, books and music lack the social aspect so they can’t replace certain activities and so is true for many others. Don’t get me wrong, I still watched movies, listened to my favorite albums and read some books but I needed something else.

Que in me finding online poker. At first, I was skeptical but soon the excitement of higher stakes and real opponents made it exhilarating for me to the point of spending my free time almost entirely on online poker. I never considered myself a gambling person, I never really gambled before. I knew how to play poker because we used to play with friends but it was always just a game.

See, now looking back at it, I can totally see how working from home in combination with the lockdown caused me to almost become an entirely different person. I just recently started going out again for more than just groceries and to take out the trash. The convenience of the modern world and lack of proper routine (got a very flexible schedule) made me unable to function properly. So please, if you are deciding to work from home be sure to go out when you can, talk to people and don’t fall into destructive habits that are so easy to dismiss as not harmful until you’re well into them.



Submitted September 06, 2021 at 04:05AM by QuartanReport637 https://ift.tt/3BM1d4s

No comments :

Post a Comment