Monday, September 13, 2021

Getting banned with $500 gone

No comments :

I just want to share my story of my experience on SB. I know everyone's experience of SB is different. While they've paid out money for many people, I just want to tell you how my account got deactivated for almost a month now without any reason.

I've accumulated majority of my SB points by doing the shopping offers. i.e. sign up for chime bank account and get $250 worth of SB points etc. I got hooked after receiving the first $25 monthly discount card. Then I decided to purchase many more things through SB because it was much faster to accumulate points than doing surveys, and many of the products were things I was going to buy anyway.

I started with sign up offers, like banks and stock brokerages. I got a few hundred dollar worth on there. I also did some game ones like merge dragons etc etc. then I went on the offers for subscription purchases, like Hellofresh and sunbaskets. Even though I was spending my own money on them, I figured I would get most of it back when I cash out my SB points.

Boy was I wrong.

I accumulated over $300 points in just a few weeks, and with about $200 in pending. I've followed all the rules, no vpn or multiple accounts etc.

After trying to cash out my $100 amazon gift card. The next day I could not log in. I received no notification or reasons for why my account has been deactivated.

I sent in a ticket, and no response for almost a month. I didn't know this when going into SB offers, but apparently there has been so many users getting banned right before trying to cash out their SB points. People are getting banned left and right for random reasons like login on to a different computer. There is no warning or second chance. After all, why should they? With just one easy ban, SB can quickly profit $500 by not paying out what they promised.

It's not just with swagbucks. SB is owned and managed by Prodege, who also owns:

MyPoints, Upromise, Couponcause, InboxDollars, Tada, and ySense

It's all the same story. Get people to do their offers, and when people are cashing out, they get their account banned for any random reason and not let them take their money out.

I've heard people say, well you shouldn't keep so much points on SB. Yes, I was stupid, but that's not the point here. You shouldn't have to try to hide under the radar trying to cash out. If they are making legitimate offers on their website, then they need to keep their end of the promise to pay out like a proper company. Imagine if a store like Amazon banned people's account after adding in a gift card balance, so you can cash it out, that's just absurd.

So take my story however you like. I just want to share my story and hope you can take it as a warning. It's not just me who just gotten banned, but many many users. SB is not in it for the user retention, because the users will get replaced easily enough. They are in it to make money in whatever way possible.

TLTR: account deactivated after trying to cash out $100 amazon gift card. I made sure to follow all their account rules.

For me, I'm going to try to find another website or app that is similar and not owned by this unethical company. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate that.



Submitted September 13, 2021 at 04:46AM by mysteriousBad1 https://ift.tt/3hrIiDY

No comments :

Post a Comment