Saturday, April 3, 2021

2017 Kia Rio Hatchback Maintenance

No comments :

This is my first car. I just bought it used with almost 30k miles and it has been well taken care of.

I have some questions:

  1. Should I strictly follow this maintenance schedule from the owner's manual, or would that have me overpaying?
  2. If following that schedule, is it really okay to use either miles or length of ownership to define the schedule? If my miles/year is much different than this schedule estimates, should I ignore the months owned and follow the schedule only according to mileage?
  3. After checking the manual, I have identified the following as things I can maintain on my own. Am I missing anything?
    - (CHECK OFTEN) Engine oil level
    - (CHECK OFTEN) Engine coolant level
    - (CHECK OFTEN) Windshield washer fluid level
    - (CHECK OFTEN) Tire pressure
    - (CHECK YEARLY) Power steering fluid level
    - (CHECK YEARLY) Battery/terminals
    - (CHECK YEARLY) Brake fluid level
    - (IF SLIPPING) Check transaxle fluid level


Submitted April 04, 2021 at 12:32AM by Jdekk54 https://ift.tt/3uj9uc5

No comments :

Post a Comment