Monday, March 29, 2021

Pick up every "broken" lcd tv you can

No comments :

Anytime I see someone giving away a broken tv or I find one on the side of the road or in the trash or something I always bring it home. 99% of the time a tv "dies" it's either a burnt out fuse or a cable unseated itself over time. Both are easy, inexpensive fixes that anyone can do. With a little google fu you can find a fuse online for the model of tv for a couple dollars and swapping it out is easy. Reseating a cable is free and if you can open up the case I guarantee you can unplug a cable and plug it back in. More than once just taking a tv apart and putting it back together will fix it. Speaking of, most tvs can be cracked open with simple tools you probably already have. Worst comes to worst you're out a few dollars and a couple hours. Really though, those hours are pretty well spent as they will give you confidence to do other simple repairs like this yourself, which is a very frugal way to live.

Just something I was thinking about. I have fixed numerous tvs this way and end up with a collection of them. I give a lot of them away to friends or sell them as refurbished sometimes



Submitted March 29, 2021 at 06:57AM by TheJesterOfReckoning https://ift.tt/31v4ogO

No comments :

Post a Comment