Thursday, May 28, 2020

[TIPS] Personal Experience Sharing and How to be Efficient on SB

No comments :

***LONG POST WARNING***

Hey folks,

I just wanted to share with you a story and some tips that you might find helpful in earning money in Swagbucks. This is not a guide of what to do – but just some general tips that shape my mind while working on the site. If you want to skip the personal experience sharing, please scroll down to the "The Tips" section.

MY BACKGROUND AND WHAT BRINGS ME TO SWAGBUCKS

For me, initially I wanted to earn some extra cash for personal use, either penny stuffs investment (sports cards, penny stocks, etc.) or other uses (entertainment, etc.). I joined Swagbucks a few years back when I was still in college. Swagbucks at the time to me, was just an entertainment itself. I say so because my goal was to hit the highest score I can every time I login. That did not work quite well because I am big-time procrastinator and I would end up wasting my time on the Internet, roaming from one Youtube video to another. The reason was simple to me – I could not stand the boredom of earning money on Swagbucks. So yeah, after the first month of earning a "whopping" 500 SB (yes, a month); I quit. I believe that was around 2017.

Fast forward to 2019, I graduated from college and continued my study as a graduate student in Computer Science. Being in the Master’s program can be described like this. If I were busy then yes, it would be like hell. But if I were not busy, I basically practiced coding with “toy” and fun projects, and had a bunch of free time. In March this year, I saw a video of someone making money on Swagbucks – so I thought, hey this might be time for my second stint with Swagbucks. Before jumping into it, I did extensive researches on this subreddit, Youtube, Facebook, etc. anywhere I could find something useful. After a day, I jumped back in. In the next two days, I earned 100 SB each to meet both goals of the days – great start, I suppose! But still, I was procrastinating hard to meet every day’s goal.

Anyway, just last week, I thought that I could organize a gift for my mother as a small way to say thank you. Normally a gift could just be as simple as a notebook or a cool tech gadget. But I wanted something different.

\**You might definitely skip this paragraph and hop on the next one if you would like to, I am just sharing my personal experiences in life**\**: My mother has been a single parent and has been raising me ever since her divorce from an abusive partner. At the point when she got the custody to raise me, she got less than $200 in her bank account (we are from a country where fathers usually got the favors to raise children if a divorce takes place, so being able to get that custody with that money takes a lot of processes, networks, and time). It has always been a big "what-if" with me - what if she just left me for my father and started a new life? She did not. 7 years after the divorce, she became a hedge fund manager. That kind of position gave her enough money to allow me to study university in the U.S., and she decided to encourage me to do so. She made it as far as quitting her job to become a Ph.D. candidate in the U.S. so that she could see me every day. We graduated together in 2019. She is a now serving as a faculty of a university, and I am Master's student - currently a year away from graduation from the Master's program in a year. After my graduation, I will proceed to be a Ph.D. candidate at that time (hopefully!). That would be the time when I want to give her the gift. The reason is pretty simple. 1) When I become a Ph.D. candidate, I have yet to know which school I will land and hence, there is a high possibility that she will live far from me for a few years. 2) I have never really done such a thing for her, so I think that my graduation from the Master's program would be a nice event to pull it off. Since that is the case, I wanted something memorable and long-lasting.

I came up with a few things: a customized picture/painting book about her, a canvas painting, some coupons of the fragrances that I know she likes (but never actually bought them because she would still prioritize my expenses before hers, tuition etc.), probably a nice flower banquet, a dinner at her favorite restaurant, outside, and…(not yet to know, I will come up with something later, or maybe that is all). The rough cost of all of these items are $4,000. I have earned only about $300 within 3 months since I re-joined Swagbucks - hence, it would still be a long way to go!

Anyhow, let’s just leave that there for now, and proceed to the tips on how to be more efficient and hence, more successful on Swagbucks.

THE TIPS

Tip #1. Make a specific and smart goal for yourself. Do not say “I want to earn as many SB as possible”. You will be bored and being bored will result in you being procrastinating. Make a goal that is 1) ambitious but 2) achievable and possible. Start from the ultimate goal in a month, and work your plan backwards. You do not need to have an ultimate goal like mine, but imagine that you want to get to your office – and to get to it, your drive. So you have a destination already popped up in your mind before you hop on your car and drive. Anyway, let’s say that I want to earn 10,000 (my goal) SB per month, that would be about 322 SB per day. Okay, what will I spend to achieve that amount?

Tip #2. Put a timer on everyday. For me, the answer to the question above is 2.5 hours. If the time is up and I have not finished a survey/task/offer, sure, I will allow myself to finish it. That is the only exception – no more and no less. Note that I use this 2.5 hours on tasks and offers (gaming, trials from offer walls).

Tip #3. Cash out every month. This might not work for you, but anyhow I will explain why it works for me. Every month, I will be able to cash out $100 via Paypal. I like this tip because 1) I feel good – cashing out is a way to reward myself to be discipline, and 2) I just think that leaving a huge amount on Swagbucks is risky. I have seen people getting banned for no reason so…yeah.

Tip #4. Offer is great, but surveys are essential. If I want to reach my monthly goal, offer is a great tool – because finishing up some games and trials can earn me $100 and that is just basically my goal. But I aim for the bonus as well, hence the surveys are essential for my daily goal. In other words, offers earn you big time money but surveys are a steady source of SB. That leads to Tip #5.

Tip #5. Do not be picky. Luck plays a part in Swagbucks (when you support a ticket but the supports ghost you for example…bad luck), but not always so. I have been posts asking on how to earn lots of SB without surveys – no, at least not to my knowledge. As I said, offers may give you a good amount of SB, such as 5,000 SB for a trial (instant credit) or 4,400 SB for a game (it will take a while) – but that is not daily. That is you earn a monstrous amount one day, and being a broke-ass person in mostly others. Again, I would suggest surveys that you would probably know at this point of reading the post.

Tip #6. Do not play the pyramid game. This means referrals. Do not count on referrals as your source of SB incomes. I have seen fellows who spent hours on advertising for Swagbucks and gave a link to their accounts, and ended up disappearing after a while – they could not get anyone to click on the link, and to be honest, they could have spent that time to truly do surveys, tasks, offers, etc. You might think differently and that is fine – it is just that I do not want you to focus on the wrong direction. There is no easy way in this.

Tip #7. Check all offer walls for the same offers and aim for double offers if possible. Offer walls sometimes double the rewards for a limited time, for example, AdGem just did so a few days ago and Revenue Universe is doing it now. Along with this tip, always check all offer walls (including Swagbucks Featured offers) for deals that might have the same requirements but might reward much better. An example would be Coin Master – I think that AdGate used to offer it for 100 SB for reaching level 3 and Swagbucks Featured offers it for 2000 SB for reaching level 7. Reaching level 7 did not take much work so I would go with the one on SB Featured.

Tip #8. Always save the proofs. When I do an offer, I took screenshot of the offer (on the offer wall), then log all of the details in an Excel sheet, then proceed to download and do the offer. I also take the screenshot of the finished offer. This will put a lot of leverage in your dispute with an offer wall.

Tip #9. Understand that life is sometimes shitty. Continuing from tip #8 – yes, I had a few unsuccessful offers (pure bad luck), but I just think of it as a part of Swagbucks. You are not alone in encountering a bad experience. Just move on and never look back to those offers.

Tip #10. Please, please, please. Search the Internet and this subreddit for answers before asking one. This would avoid a lot of drama and would be appreciated. Every now and then, I see a post on Coin Master…don’t be that guy/gal.

That is it for now! I usually post guides (usually on games) in the subreddit from time to time – so you will definitely see me around. I will surely make a post about a year later when I reach my ultimate goal of finishing the gift - to celebrate with you and to motivate you!

Have fun on Swagbucks, and good luck!



Submitted May 28, 2020 at 12:15AM by kienguyen3110 https://ift.tt/2M1GC46

No comments :

Post a Comment