Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Schwan's & EBT FYI

No comments :

I came here looking for guidance when considering the Schwan's offer currently available for new customers (50% off from Schwan's up to $50 savings + $35 from SB w/disclaimer that purchases under $20 may not be eligible for SB).

I wanted to participate and remembered seeing somewhere that Schwan's takes EBT (Food Stamps). I found just a few very old posts on the subject of past offers but nothing definitive about EBT. After giving it a lot of thought and coming to the conclusion that the 50% off was worth giving it a try regardless, I pulled the trigger.

I noticed when ordering online that the 50% off came off my cart even before I finished shopping, so that was great. I also noticed that the 3500SB were pending as soon as I placed my order, another plus.

What's important to note, though, is that there was no option to pay with EBT. I decided to input a card to hold my order and call at 8am when Schwan's opened to see about switching payment method. I had an extremely brief and pleasant call during which I was notified that it wasn't necessary to do that because all I had to do was tell the delivery driver not to charge my debit card and that I'd like to pay with EBT instead. Whew! Disaster averted.

As with all of these kinds of things, I take a YMMV approach, but to anyone else who may be on the fence about this, I suggest repeating the same steps. If you're extremely concerned, use a virtual Visa, or secondary debit card like I did, one that you don't pay your bills with. I used the Chime debit card for my purchase, so I know that works.

The only drawback about this offer was that it didn't come on Tuesday as expected, so I had to place another call. I was told it had been rescheduled to the 28th, 14 days past the original delivery date, and that they couldn't explain why. I was able to get it rescheduled again for Wednesday, so assuming there are no further delivery issues, it'll only be a day late.

Obviously, I'll come back and let you guys know if I have any issues with SB or Schwan's, but so far, I'm glad I took advantage of the offer. Happy swagging, folks!

~LadyO



Submitted May 15, 2019 at 03:16AM by LadyOberon http://bit.ly/2W5odtQ

No comments :

Post a Comment