Tuesday, October 16, 2018

First project qualification process with Appen, just a bit of a vent

No comments :

Hey WO,

This is a bit of vent post, but I guess it could also serve as a bit of an anecdote or a conversation starter about working with Appen. I applied with them recently and was accepted, which is exciting! I've been on this sub for a bit of time, so I have hesitant optimism with earning some supplemental income with them. Shortly after I was hired I received an opportunity email for social media evaluation, so I did some solid studying and ended up passing the qualification exam. Two attempts and 60% needed to pass, which I passed on my first attempt. Sweet. Got the update email and said I'd be contacted in a few days.

Then, last night, I received another email stating that the client requested additional testing for qualification. My high of qualifying faded, but I spent a couple more hours studying and getting ready to take them today. I just spent the morning completing them, and now I'm worried. Two of the exams I bombed, however the other two I did really well, around 90%. Just had a really hard time on some questions, i.e. rating an Event as not relevant because the screenshot showed it occurred in the past, and the permalink lead to a page that was deleted or inaccessible, yet the correct answer was 'relevant', etc. Probably could have dissected the results a bit better on my end, but I feel like a lot of situational criteria were not covered in the training so it was an educated guess for me.

Kind of bummed that my first opportunity was more or less dangled in front of my face, then pulled back, but in the end it was up to me to do well on the added testing. Hoping to hear back soon so I can get started on another qualification process this week, or if they accept my scores, get working on this project.



Submitted October 16, 2018 at 03:24PM by bando65 https://ift.tt/2QRPEkw

No comments :

Post a Comment