Sunday, September 16, 2018

How do I compromise about receiving gifts?

No comments :

I have always been naturally frugal and not very materialistic. My partner gets a great deal of joy out of giving gifts to others. When I see something in a store or a gift shop I tend to think about if I will still care about it in a month or a year and usually the answer is no, so I pass on buying a lot of things.

Any time I have a birthday or holiday, I never really have anything that I want on my wish list. Even if we are just walking around a shop or a mall it frustrates my partner when I don't see anything that I want. I want him to be happy, but I also don't want him to buy me things that I end up not using. Any ideas for making a compromise?

TL;DNR: I'm complaining because someone wants to buy me presents.



Submitted September 16, 2018 at 05:04PM by mrdjvortex https://ift.tt/2Ot12CR

No comments :

Post a Comment