Sunday, June 9, 2019

The truth about Amazon MTurk.

No comments :

I was accepted to amazon mturk. I looked through the list of HITs and realized each one that you can do right away only pays $0.01 dollars. What I also noticed is how incredibly difficult and confusing each task is. The ones that you have to apply to are up to about $0.35 to $2.50 and I also noticed that you have to be qualified for them.

What I mean by qualified is that you have to do $0.01 tasks for a while with 100% accuracy, no rejections and a good approval rate to be able to get them. Also there's no telling how long that will take. I've heard it can take up to a month or two. (You can correct me if I'm wrong.)

Another thing that bothers me is the amount of time it can take for a person to approve your hit. It can take up to 30 days. Working for pennies until you can get approved for higher jobs and waiting a month until you get one of your HITs approved sounds hard.

I really wanted to like MTurk because alot of people talked about it being good, but it seems like alot of work for a few cents.

Does it get better? Am I looking at it too negatively?



Submitted June 09, 2019 at 02:48AM by Stilettopink http://bit.ly/2XvnmAg

No comments :

Post a Comment