Monday, May 27, 2019

Does anyone make their own clothes?

No comments :

In school I had courses which included sewing on machines, and I remember enjoying it. I like shopping for clothes at thrift stores, and being short this means my pants usually need to be hemmed. I'm considering investing in a BIFL-level sewing machine so I don't have to keep paying tailors to hem pants that I bought for less than the hemming cost.

And since I may end up with the machine anyway, I'm curious if anyone makes their own clothing "from scratch" and if they find it a frugal practice worth the time/effort? Do you use patterns, or get creative? Anything to keep in mind before heading into this endeavour? (Hidden/unexpected costs, mostly.)



Submitted May 27, 2019 at 07:24PM by AtomikRadio http://bit.ly/2EBvGXs

No comments :

Post a Comment