Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Captchas defeat the entire point of Ncrave.

No comments :

I'll be blunt, ncrave isn't about "discovering websites", it's about artificially inflating hits on websites and pumping up views on videos. And I'm OK with that! I leave my computer running at home all day while I'm at work, and I get SB in return for basically letting Ncrave use it as part of a botnet viewing tons of websites. Nobody (I hope) is sitting there reading the same article about dogfood or whatever hundreds of times. Adding captchas to the mix isn't going to get users to actively engage with it, everyone will just stop using it entirely.

I really hope the SB staff will consider reversing this decision, or at least try talking to Ncrave about it if it's out of their hands. Less people using ncrave means less hits and views to sell to their customers. It doesn't make any sense.



Submitted May 29, 2019 at 09:54AM by Insignial http://bit.ly/2KcsGoe

No comments :

Post a Comment